Home

Friday, April 15, 2011

Prevue: "Sing For Your Meat" Record Store Day Release - Rich McLaughlin Bull City Records In-Store

Sing For Your Meat album art

Sitting in on a 2 AM passenger seat screening of sombody's pre-release copy of Sing for Your Meat in The Station's parking lot after the Mag Co set last night I came to the conclusion that this album will steal the show for me tomorrow. Holding the disk in my hand reveling its art and reading our local bests paired up with indie royalty such as Kelly Deal and The Flaming Lips was as sobering with the weight of sweat equity that producer Misty Dawn Briggs must have poured upon it as it was exhilarating to see such a stupendous dream project come true.

With my first listen I skipped right to our locals and first to The Pneurotics "I Am a Tree". Recognizing that signature crunch and squeal of Rich McLaughlin's boutique amp dialed to unreplicable frequencies had me blushing like proud dad excited with the knowledge that within a couple days the outside would learn what we've known on the inside for a long time, Rich's guitar playing just makes you feel good. I Was Totally Destroying It goes electronically wide open on "I Am Produced", Western Civ brings their signature layering applique of varied driving rock sounds and lofty vocals on "My Valuable Hunting Knife" and North Elementary appears to have gone the creative route by merging two songs together which will be a surprise for me tomorrow as I didn't spin that one last night.

The album is on sale tomorrow 4-16 for the galaxy wide Record Store Day and our local celebration for Sing For Your Meat will be hosted at Chaz's Bull City Records 1916 Perry Street Durham, NC as our own Rich McLaughlin plays his Guided By Voices cover at 3 PM.

Chaz' facebook event page: here

The Magnolia Collective images from last night 4/14. most featuring Mr. Rich McLaughlin.
Magnolia Collective
Magnolia Collective
Magnolia Collective
Magnolia Collective
Magnolia Collective
Magnolia Collective
Magnolia Collective
Magnolia Collective

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis